the knitting ref

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Life as it Is Today......


I don’t know why, but for the last three months I have just been unable to post. Lots of things have been happening, but the will to express them as a post has not been there. So many times I have said, “I need to do a post”, but then time has past without such happening.

The projects are still going on – my master bedroom, my master bathroom, and my kitchen – all are still “works in progress”. For one thing, Mother nature has not cooperated with my schedule and thus I am behind. I was talking last night to my friend D and telling her how I could be a procrastinator. But in this sense, Mother nature and other activities have not allowed me to keep up with my projects. However, I am having a dinner gathering on the 15th here at my house, so this weekend will be focused on getting the kitchen cabinet with the sink & dishwasher back into operation. You know how hard it is to have a dinner gathering without a kitchen sink???!!!!

Speaking of my dinner gathering – 10 to 12 soccer referees -- most of which have known each other for years – a whole bunch of war stories -- and just good friends getting together. I am not sure exactly what the menu will be at this time, but that will come. Could anything be better???? !!!!! Well maybe…. But I won’t go there (at least right now)!~

I went back to work the beginning of February. It was time. I am back in sales and really having a good time, but the transition to working every day normal working hours was definitely something that tried my patience. Things are good though as I work with good people and have a wonderful boss. It’s so nice having a boss who actually cares about his people!

Yesterday, I lost a Friend – one who has been very dear to me especially across the last year. You know, in my book real friendships are beyond gold, and it hurt to lose such a friend – especially for the end result. My friend gave up everything including her “self” to “get back” with her significant other. I do not understand the thought process of allowing one’s self to lose the “self” for someone else. In my book, you always must always be ultimately true to yourself as opposed to giving up yourself just to be with someone else. After all, if the other can not accept you for what you are and appreciate all of what you are, then why bother with them???

This past weekend I was in Riverside at the AYSO Section 1 playoffs. Teams that have excelled through their regular season in their home regions coming together to compete against other regions. It was such fun refereeing. It was such fun watching the kids compete. Sunday, I refereed two very good L.A. teams – it was a wonderful match with both sides working as hard as they could. Soccer is such a good game for all ages – it truly is a “game of life”. The experiences within the game all translate to life and it’s experiences.

I mentioned my friend D earlier in this post. She is a very unique and special person. D is one who can look at little things and find ABSOLUTE joy in them. A lesson for me to learn, as so many times it is those little things that come to mean so very much. It is so very nice to have her friendship and companionship in my life now. I am Thankful and I am Grateful…..
Finally for this post, Oh yes, I am ready to learn how to spin. I have the books and I have the pictures -- it is time to learn such an art!

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck w/your dinner

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

I envy you the spinning challenge. It is something I want to learn when my kids are a wee bit older :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home