the knitting ref

Monday, December 10, 2007

An Early Christmas Present

Friday I left home for the lands of Alabama and Tennessee -- or more specifically Huntsville, AL and Colombia, TN. I was going to visit friends....
.
Bill, Lin, Kathy, & Mary in Huntsville who I have not seen or talked to in 31 years --YES, 31 YEARS! The years have been good to B & L as they looked just like they were when I saw them last -- except for just a tad bit of gray hair. K & M (the daughters) last I saw were very small and are now all grown up. What fun it was to re-connect and catch-up with what has happened over the years, after all they have raised a family since I saw them last! B & L are also in the midst of a remodel of their house, so it was fun to talk about all that was going on with their remodel vs. what is happening with my remodel. Such stories....
.
Then on Sunday I drove up to Colombia to see friends I have worked with in the past, but have not seen for 8 years. Again such fun to catch-up with and share what's been happening with each of our lives. Judy & Wallace had just come back from Chile and Argentina -- so lots of pictures and some short movies of the cool things they saw there. We compared notes on our trips -- theirs to Chile & Argentina and mine last year to New Zealand. J & W also have a gorgeous new home that was wonderful to see.

What a wonderful early Christmas present!

1 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

Wanted to wish you a happy New Year. from NZ. I hope you find peace and joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home